Monday, August 13, 2012

Thought Catalog: An End-Of-Summer Checklist

So, I was reading an article on Thought Catalog entitled An End-Of-Summer Checklist and here are some of the things on the list that I was able to do:

2. Saw fireworks, preferably over a body of water.

fireworks over water

9. Drank an iced coffee too slowly, until it was more like a glass of water with a little bit of coffee-flavor at the bottom.

iced macciato- iced coffee

10. Swam around in a pool, pretending to be a mermaid when you thought no one was looking.

Mermaid Swimming

20. Drank far too many margaritas, because they are so deceptively sweet — the Slurpee of Grown Ups!

Margarita

21. Dreaded the moment that August comes, but were at least a bit relieved that the heat will soon be breaking.


How has your summer been? Can you relate to any of the ones above?

13 comments:

  1. i love to swim like a mermaid too, hahaha! it's so fun! ;)

    p.s. that margarita looks delicious!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Win 3 kinds of truffles from The Madelaine Chocolate Company! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fireworks and iced coffee are perfect summer things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually have the problem of drinking my iced coffee too slowly... it's more like I drink it too quickly and it's gone within 5 minutes. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. aha, i always pretend i'm a mermaid everytime i go swimming. it's pretty fun. LOL.

    Win a $50 gift card to Cutieshey Clothing! Enter her. :)
    Want a pair of Lens Village Circle Lenses? Come and join my giveaway!


    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha sounds great!! But I like to think summer is not ending yet!! ;P

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I so dreaded seeing August arrive as well.

    I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Stop by our blog and enter our giveaway.

    Sunny Days and Starry Nights Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your August is ending on a high note! :]

      Delete
  7. i don't think i did enough this summer. it's not my jam. now autumn....a million things to cram in

    ReplyDelete